Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Shutterbug?
Shutterbug is the title of the monthly photo contest run by Chennai Central @ The Hindu. It is open to everyone irrespective of location or profession. However, we only ask that your photograph be taken in Chennai.
2. What are the rules for participating in the Shutterbug photo contest?
Click here to view the rules of the contest.
3. How do I upload my photograph?
Click on the link titled “Enter Contest” on the home page of the Shutterbug page, and then follow the requirements.
4. How many photos can I upload?
Each user is allowed only one entry.
5. What image formats do you accept?
We accept JPG, JPEG, and PNG formats only. If your photograph is in any other format, such as PNG or GIF, we request that you convert it first before uploading.
6. Where will my photograph be used?
Your photograph will first be displayed on our Facebook page. Subsequent uses may include its use as a cover photo, profile picture, and site banner on The Hindu – Chennai page. Note that you will be given due credit upon each use. If, however you do not want your photograph to be used for any such purposes, please mention as much alongside your email submission.
7. Can I edit my photo once I’ve uploaded it?
No, you may not.
8. Can I tag my photograph once I’ve uploaded it?
Yes, you may tag your photograph with your name and with the names of those whom you wish to share it with, too.
If you cannot find your question above, feel free to Contact Us